Thursday, April 15, 2010

File Extension FORM 4868 for 2009 Taxes

Today is the day! The infamous APRIL 15th and you know what that means....if you have not filed your taxes and do not have them complete, the next thing you must do is to file an extension. The extension you need to file is FORM 4868 with the IRS. The easiest way to file is to file a free extension online by visiting Tax Act. If you are using TaxAct, in a few simple steps you can have your extension filed.
  • -Register
  • -When filing free return--use 3rd tab (Federal Q & A)
  • -Choose topic "Miscellaneous topics
  • -Choose 4th topic "Request an extension of time to file"
That will bring you to the IRS form 4868. There is an option to pay online if you estimate that you owe taxes for 2009. Very simple, easy and fast. So file your federal tax extension today if you did not get your 2009 taxes completed and filed. If you file an extension, do not wait until October 14th to start working on your on them today!!!! Happy Tax Season!!!